Re: External Hard Drive and Check Disk

I have this same problem as RodWish,
Drive still appears to work and function Ok fro accessing files etc but
backup causes error message as described
--
Paul

"RodWish" wrote:

I'm having exactly the same problem - with a slightly different entry
point. My entry is I'm trying to do a backup to the external disk, and
I get an error which says "Windows has detected file system corruption
(on the external drive), you must check the disk for errors before it
can be restored." But when I try to check the disk, I run into the same
problem as goorambatman.
Help??

--
RodWish

  • Re: Backup to USB disk
    ... I have bought an external disk and now ... I want to do a complete backup. ... USB disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Retrospect express
    ... any external disk. ... The only thing it doesn't do is backup to tape ... external disk is a Maxtor disk. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: External Hard Drive and Check Disk
    ... I'm having exactly the same problem - with a slightly different entry ... My entry is I'm trying to do a backup to the external disk, ... you must check the disk for errors before it ...
  • >>> DISK BACKUP <<<
    ... disk to disk backup ... backup ps2 hard disk ... disk to disk backup software ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)