Re: Windows 7 & Office 2007

"Nick" <Nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E45F10E9-7F13-4344-84C7-A246129D19EB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know the best place to post this question.

I have Windows 7 and Office 2007
GPO - Redirected "Documents" folder to SBS2008 share
Browsing and saving to My Documents for some users takes a long time.

A user may try to save a 1 page word document. It sometimes take 2 mintues
to save it. This is not and has never been a problem on XP or Vista machines.

Any help is greatly appreciated

What anti-virus program are you running? We had a similar problem
with Norman (not Norton) when saving to a network drive. We had
to turn off the on-access scanner. Finally I ditched Norman and installed
MS Security Essentials and we now have no problem.

Tom Lake

  • Re: Various File Save error messages with Word 2004 and Tiger (10.4.2) Server
    ... Saving Word Documents ... The fault occurs unless a folder called .TemporaryItems has been ... The workaround: Do ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: This operation is slow
    ... I just tried saving a newsgroups message and had no trouble at ... > If I save to the default My Documents folder, ... > switch the Save in destination with the drop down menu to the Desktop, ...
  • Re: This operation is slow
    ... The only part of the operation that is slow is changing what appears in the save in menu from My Documents to another destination to save to. ... I'm thinking that because my My Documents folder ... the same way and see if the time compares. ... mail files are treated differently when saving by your antivirus. ...
  • Re: This operation is slow
    ... the same way and see if the time compares. ... the "InBox" folder? ... mail files are treated differently when saving by your antivirus. ... > compared with saving e-mails to the Desktop when Desktop already ...
  • Re: SAVE AS and EXPLORER WINDOW
    ... > Word lets you set a default folder for documents. ... > default for opening documents and for saving them. ... >> place that shows up in the Explorer window when SAVE AS is selected. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)