Re: Lightscribe problems

"Patricia anne" <Patriciaanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:810BCA1B-6F6E-40EF-8970-B1974B9705D3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am experiencing lightscribe problems, I have recently had a new hard
drive fitted by H.P and when the laptop came back it was perfect for a week.
Then when I go to label a disc the lightsribe program just freezes and stops
working
I have tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but it is still
the same.
I have also tried another labelling program that is on my laptop but this
does the same thing. I need some help please
my hp g70 macine is running vista home premium.

regards Pat
p.s. everything else seems to work, also the drive says that it is working
o.k.

Can you still create CD's with the drive? If so, my guess is the Lightscribe drive is going belly-up for the labeling part.
Have you tried the software from Lightscribe: http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadSection/windows/index.aspx

I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template Labeler. There are plenty of pre-made templates available, and even those can be edited.

SC Tom

  • Re: Questions from a laptop newbie
    ... This is more a function of the drive than of the laptop, and most laptop makers use different drives in different production runs of the same laptop model. ... The only thing you won't always find is support for "Lightscribe". ... But if you need support, that still comes from the OEM, and all driver support and updates also comes from the hardware vendor. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Lightscribe problems
    ... If the laptop is still under warranty, I'd send it back, even though that's always a PITA. ... If it's out of warranty, and you really want/need the Lightscribe capability, check on the price of a direct replacement, or a third-party external one like LaCie. ... "SC Tom" wrote: ...
  • Re: Lightscribe problems
    ... think your guess is probably right, and the trouble lies with the drive ... my guess is the Lightscribe ... I gave up on the other labeling programs and use the Lightscribe Template ...