Re: System Restore won't work

If you turn it off, then back on, you will lose all your previous restore points. Just wanted to let you know that.

SC Tom

"Graham Newey" <GrahamNewey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C3C5D00D-B566-4267-916E-8459AD9EBAE1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you annonymous and SC Tom for your comments.

Panic over. Works in Safe Mode fine.

I will turning SR on and off to see if it WILL run in Win.

Regards to both,

Graham
--
GPN

"SC Tom" wrote:

When ZA is the cause of the problem, it not only has to be turned off, but
the "Start with Windows" option has to be turned off first. If the restore
is successful, it'll start again on its own anyhow.
Another method that I've had success with is running SR in Safe Mode with
Command Prompt. After booting up, type in
c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press enter. It'll bring up the
SR UI allowing you to (hopefully) restore to a previous date.