Re: Major Problem

Hello illskillz,

You might see if doing a '*_System_Restore_*'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html) at
boot using a restore point dated before you had this problem may be able
to fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

illskillz700;1177006 Wrote:
My computer is freezing about 10 seconds after being unlocked or
restarted. The desktop, bottom bar and start menu all freeze but if i am
able to open applications before everything freezes i can use them while
the rest of the computer is still frozen. ctrl+alt+del opens the normal
page and i can open task manager but that instantly freezes. The login
page isnt frozen thoug because from the ctrl alt del menu i can change
users and resart my computer from there but thats it. I dont know whats
wrong please help!!!!!!!!!!!1

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Major Problem
    ... bottom bar and start menu all freeze but if i am ... ctrl+alt+del opens the normal ... page and i can open task manager but that instantly freezes. ... page isnt frozen thoug because from the ctrl alt del menu i can change ...
  • Re: Word 2003 fails to Open
    ... There are two kinds of normal.dot: those that contain some kind of corruption, ... Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com ... > screen then freezes. ... It never opens a Word document or even an empty ...
  • Experts please: Strange delay on startup at desktop
    ... with a new installation of XP Home on a formatted hard ... application starts opening but then freezes for a good ... the application opens in a flash. ... to tick or untick a box somewhere and the problem was ...
  • Re: Excell Freezes
    ... | excell and I have to end task through Task Manager. ... | Save As a worksheet into another folder other than My Documents, it freezes. ... | opens the worksheet in excell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Delay after start-up
    ... a post here - but, shame on me, I forgot what to do :-( ... with a new installation of XP Home on a formatted hard ... application starts opening but then freezes for a good ... the application opens in a flash. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)