Re: Change Partition size

Hi Ernst,
I have the solution Pleae call me at +919430113628

Rick Rogers;3627868 Wrote:
Hi Ernst,

To expand C: into that free space, it must be contiguous and at the end
C:, not the beginning or behind D:. In short, you should see in Disk
C:, free space, then D:. If not, then you will need to move or slide
volumes around to accomplish this. A volume can only be expanded into
space that is physically located immediately after it. This operation
be done with Vista's drive tools, they can only shrink or expand, you
need a
third party one like Acronis' Disk Manager or terabyteunlimited's
BootIT NG.

Best of Luck,

Windows help -
My thoughts

"Ernst Kessler" <ErnstKessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
Hi experts
I have a Vista Ultimate laptop with drive C: 76GB NTFS basic for
drive D: 15GB NTFS basic for my data and 14GB not allocated. C: is
and I
would like to expand the size. The 14GB resulted from a reduction of
D: I
assumed it will be added automatically to C: But all wrong!!
How can I proceed to enlarge C:?

computercare.arvind's Profile:
View this thread:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Increase a partition size in Vista
    ... Run diskmgmt.msc and report back with the location of the free space in relation to the current C: ... If it is in front, or separated by another volume, then you will need to use a third party tool to manipulate the volumes around before you can expand it. ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ...
  • Re: Exchange database + online defrag
    ... expand the database size a little. ... free space after the online degrag has terminated. ...
  • Re: Expanding C: drive
    ... You can expand it while building the server, ... but if you've got a basic disk I don't think you ... can extend it into free space. ...
  • Partition resize problem
    ... I have two partitions on primary disk with a free space between the two as ... Is there anyway I can expand E drive space to include the free space without ...
  • Re: Cannot open windows picture and fax viewer. Found a new soluti
    ... >> I'm going to try again the expand. ... >>> control for thumbnail extraction. ... I'd give preference to the solution that Rick ... >>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP ...