Re: Change Partition size

Hi Ernst,
I have the solution Pleae call me at +919430113628

Rick Rogers;3627868 Wrote:
Hi Ernst,

To expand C: into that free space, it must be contiguous and at the end
of
C:, not the beginning or behind D:. In short, you should see in Disk
Manager
C:, free space, then D:. If not, then you will need to move or slide
the
volumes around to accomplish this. A volume can only be expanded into
free
space that is physically located immediately after it. This operation
cannot
be done with Vista's drive tools, they can only shrink or expand, you
need a
third party one like Acronis' Disk Manager or terabyteunlimited's
BootIT NG.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ernst Kessler" <ErnstKessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Hi experts
I have a Vista Ultimate laptop with drive C: 76GB NTFS basic for
programs,
drive D: 15GB NTFS basic for my data and 14GB not allocated. C: is
full
and I
would like to expand the size. The 14GB resulted from a reduction of
D: I
assumed it will be added automatically to C: But all wrong!!
How can I proceed to enlarge C:?

--
computercare.arvind
computercare.arvind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/146714.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Increase a partition size in Vista
    ... Run diskmgmt.msc and report back with the location of the free space in relation to the current C: ... If it is in front, or separated by another volume, then you will need to use a third party tool to manipulate the volumes around before you can expand it. ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ...
  • Re: Exchange database + online defrag
    ... expand the database size a little. ... free space after the online degrag has terminated. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Expanding C: drive
    ... You can expand it while building the server, ... but if you've got a basic disk I don't think you ... can extend it into free space. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • Partition resize problem
    ... I have two partitions on primary disk with a free space between the two as ... Is there anyway I can expand E drive space to include the free space without ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot open windows picture and fax viewer. Found a new soluti
    ... >> I'm going to try again the expand. ... >>> control for thumbnail extraction. ... I'd give preference to the solution that Rick ... >>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)