3GB in 2 DIMM slots!

I have only two DIMM slots with a 2GB stick in one on my desktop running vista 32bit, should I install an identical 2GB to activate dual channel, making it 4GB, or should I just get another 1GB to stay within the 32bit OS limitations of 3GB?
each slot can operate with a maximum of 4GB RAM sticks a total of 8GB.
And if I do go to 4GB, can't Vista allocate the video memory from the excess of the 3GB limitation, and can't I use the extra as well as a RAMDISK?

Colin Barnhorst wrote:

That doesn't matter much. Take it to 4GB if you like.
20-Jan-08

That does not matter much. Take it to 4GB if you like. Notebook ram is not
the same as desktop ram where you have a pair of dual channel dimm slots.
On a notebook do not worry about things like dual

On Friday, December 07, 2007 3:17 PM