Re: No Sound in Safe Mode

Thanks

"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:unU01GdUKHA.4816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nope. The entire idea of Safe Mode is that it starts with only a minimal set of drivers.

"JamesJ" <jjy_darwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OWgehncUKHA.5004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I find that my few graphics intensive games run much better in Safe Mode.
Problem is there's no sound.
Anyway to have Safe Node start with sound?

James

  • Re: No audio device
    ... Boot to Safe Mode and Remove Any/All Audio/Sound devices listed in Device Manager> Sound, ... Reboot and reinstall drivers. ... The Pavilion a320n uses the Realtek AC'97 audio and Nvidia graphics. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?)
    ... Drivers are loaded when the hardware is initialized during the boot process. ... In safe mode, extraneous peripherals are explicitly ignored by design to minimize any potential conflicts and allow diagnostic processes. ... Command Prompt Phrase to manually enable the sound drives? ...
  • Re: Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?)
    ... Command Prompt Phrase to manually enable the sound drives? ... The idea behind safe mode is that it runs on minimum configuration, ... Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience ... so windows does not have any concept of loading the kind of driver that sound drivers are after the system is completely booted. ...
  • Re: Sound in safemode?(Not a new question eh?)
    ... Command Prompt Phrase to manually enable the sound drives? ... The idea behind safe mode is that it runs on minimum configuration, ... Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience ... so windows does not have any concept of loading the kind of driver that sound drivers are after the system is completely booted. ...
  • Re: Sound disappears and the windows act strangely.
    ... How to restart in Safe mode or in Safe mode with networking support ... Singapore Website Design ... Then suddenly the sound drivers disappear, ... restore, because my computer hasn't made any restore points. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)