Re: Where's my serial port?

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:14:54 -0400, Questor <Questor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

--->
I have two label printers that use serial ports - but my new Vista HP
Pavilion doesn't have any. Is there some connecting cord I can
purchase to get the job done?

Here are some solutions:

http://www.moxa.com/land/USB_to_Serial_Hubs.htm?_kk=usb%20to%20serial&_kt=a3e93a3f-0ccb-4490-b238-7d5b8e98e32b&gclid=CJ-e0rmaxZ0CFRHxDAodYn_trw

http://www.bestlinknetware.com/store-detail.asp?categoryID=15&subcategoryID=15

http://www.easysync-ltd.com/

Google is your friend.

Questor
Thanks for the information.

  • Wheres my serial port?
    ... I have two label printers that use serial ports - but my new Vista HP ... Pavilion doesn't have any. ... Is there some connecting cord I can ... purchase to get the job done? ...
  • Re: Wheres my serial port?
    ... Is there some connecting cord I can ... purchase to get the job done? ... Google is your friend. ...
  • Re: HDD died and took the OS and recovery partition with it.
    ... The Product Key that came with your HP Pavilion is for a "BIOS Locked" ... Either that or purchase a new Windows XP license with CD and Product ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
  • Re: Finding a short on a prototype board
    ... How on earth do you manage without one? ... Why purchase a bench supply? ... Then google for transformer, enclosure, capacitors, potentiometer, ... Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Older software on XP.
    ... I have used Google and others to try to find out more about the programs, ... I would purchase new replacements but why ... From your comments about it I assume it works atleast ... Just a little leary about trashing my bread and butter machine testing these ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)