Re: eternal thinking

j lunis wrote:

Vista Home Premium 32
Recently my pc seems to be 'thinking' almost constantly. That is, the
hour-glass equivalent seems to always be active as if its trying to open
an app or complete a task. How do I find out what it is trying to do?

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: If the problem is new, what changed
between the time things worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the malware/virus
status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what programs (and
versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

For a real-time picture of what is going on, you can use the free Process
Monitor:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

See what is running at Startup with the free Autoruns:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: i need help
    ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: ... The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: ... If you think it is clean, ... shop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unremovable Window/White Box on Desktop
    ... on the Desktop tab. ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time things ... The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: ... If you think it is clean, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: pop up "Open with"
    ... everytime I try to open a program, or file in my PC, I got a pop up "OPEN ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't? ... The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the malware/virus status of the machine? ... If you think it is clean, what programs did you use to determine this? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Laptop
    ... I have a dell inspiron 1300 not 12 mths ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: ... The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: ... If you think it is clean, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant access anything urgent help needed
    ... focused help. ... The First Question Of Troubleshooting: ... The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: ... If you think it is clean, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)