Re: Vista SP1 problem

John Harris wrote:
:: I installed SP1 onto a laptop and after about three quarters of an
:: hour into the process, the laptop switched itself off. I restarted
:: and got a choice between Repair or Start Windows normally. I made
:: the mistake of picking the second option. A huge series of files
:: began to be opened, with the names of each flashing on the screen.
:: Then it seemed to get stuck on a file in the registry. Or it may
:: have been opening a long series of files with the same address
:: becuase I couldn't see the end of the filenames.
::
:: At this point I restarted and picked the F8 option. I chose the
:: Repair option from a list of about 8 options (including Restore to
:: anearlier point). This led once again to my original choice of
:: Repair or restart normally. I now picked Repair. That was about
:: three hours ago. The repair process still appears to be going ahead.
::
:: Do I just have to be patient, or has the repair system stalled?
::
:: Thanks for any suggestions.
::
:: JH

Try the WU Newsgroup - Forums Home -
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

Note all WU forums are the same regardless of Windows version so make sure
you state your version of windows etc.
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

  • RE: wont load from user screen
    ... You have 2 options but i only think repairing windows will work in your case ... Click on the hide all Microsoft services tab. ... be causing you the problem and then apply your changes, and restart your ... select the repair console. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Svchost.exe Application error
    ... If what the other guys have said do not work, you may need to repair windows. ... Click on the hide all Microsoft services tab. ... be causing you the problem and then apply your changes, and restart your ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Troubleshooting WinXP long boot time (bootvis done in 592 seconds)
    ... Run a diagnostic msconfig if that fails then repair windows. ... Click on the hide all Microsoft services tab. ... be causing you the problem and then apply your changes, and restart your ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista wont load Hangs on loading screen.
    ... If you have a Windows Vista installation disc, you need to restart your computer using the installation disc. ... If you do not restart your computer from the disc, the option to repair your computer will not appear. ...
  • Re: Microsoft internet explorer has encountered a problem ...
    ... with the repair, you may want to uninstall it and wait until a later date to ... However, should you choose to repair, you MUST reinstall ALL the updates ... IE SP1 - How to Install ... Method 2 in this article works on earlier versions of Windows. ...