icons on desktop keep moving

Vista home premium with all the updayes

icons on the desktop keep moving back to the left. I un-check everything under personalize. Have tried a couple things but nothing works. Help

John

  • desktop icons wont stay put
    ... icons on the desktop keep moving back to the left when re-boot. ... I un-checked everything under personalize. ...
  • Re: icons on desktop keep moving
    ... I un-check ... under personalize. ... But after years of messing with desktop icons, ... I use RocketDock and I categorized my shortcuts into 6 folders ...
  • Re: desktop icons wont stay put
    ... icons on the desktop keep moving back to the left when re-boot. ... I un-checked everything under personalize. ... Move Icons to the way you want them to look... ...
  • Re: Cannot Remove Icons From Desktop
    ... Just right click on the desktop and, from the drop down menu, select Personalize. ... In the left hand pane of the personalize window, Click 'change desktop icons'. ... Two days ago, since Vista is still fairly foreign to me, I was exploring. ...
  • Re: icons on desktop keep moving
    ... From replies here and other places I understand there just isn't any solution to the moving icon problem. ... But after years of messing with desktop icons, ... using icons instead of buttons for running apps, ... Maybe a video driver update or change in resolution will stop the icons from moving. ...