Re: upgrading to 8gigs

Hello, i have a quick question just to clarify something.

I apologize in advance for any confusion over terms.

When i bought my system it came with 4 gigs and Vista Home Premium x64.
I had many compatibility issues with games and programs so i then put
Ultimate 32bit on it. Now i would like to put another 4gigs of ram on my
system and just wanted to make sure that it would accept more. I plan on
putting windows 7 x64 on it shortly. It has enough slots for 8gigs of
ram and was originally a 64bit system. It appears okay to me but i would
like some assurance :).

Thanks, Andrew

Make sure the new ram spec matches the ram that's already in the system, e.g. PC3200, PC8500, etc. It's also a good idea to check the motherboard spec to see what the maximum supported amount is.

  • upgrading to 8gigs
    ... I apologize in advance for any confusion over terms. ... When i bought my system it came with 4 gigs and Vista Home Premium x64. ... Now i would like to put another 4gigs of ram on my ...
  • ReadyBoost...Should I Use It? If So, How Much?
    ... Hi everyone.....I have Vista Home Premium x64 and am running 8 Gigs of ... Ram. ... Will using ReadyBoost have any noticeable increase in performance? ...
  • Re: ReadyBoost...Should I Use It? If So, How Much?
    ... Hi everyone.....I have Vista Home Premium x64 and am running 8 Gigs of ... Will using ReadyBoost have any noticeable increase in performance? ... it will only be seen in systems with less than a gig of RAM. ...
  • Re: Dilemma - Need Advice - CPU VS RAM
    ... I will be reinstalling Vista Home Premium tonight after I get ... XP has no concept of what to do with 2 GB RAM, ... Ultimate can use 2 physical CPUs, so it will use all 4 of your cores. ... I have a Core 2 Quad system with 8 GB RAM, ...
  • xp user looking to move to vista
    ... GB of ddr800 ram ... thinking about getting Vista home premium 64 bit + adding another 2Gb of ... So could i just install Vista on the primary partition and still access ...