How do I restore to Original Factory Settings with Vista?

Hi all;

I have an Acer Aspire 3690 Laptop with Windows *Vista home basic*. I
have had problems with spyware and viruses and such and now the thing
runs slowly in whatever i am doing and some time got stuck. How do i
*restore* it *to* original *factory* *settings*?
I understand there may be "better" solutions, but i really don't mind
restoring *to* original *settings* and losing all the data on the disk.
I've already backed up all my important files i want *to* save.

Note:
when I p::urchased:: the labtop, CD recovery disk is not included with
the package!

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance
ALL THE BEST;
SALAH

--
salah