Re: System Restore stop error 0x00000024

I found that on a Dell XPS M1330, the SATA setting had to be changed
from ACHI to ATA in order to get the system to boot. After a successful
boot (which included an automatic chkdsk), I could change it back to
ACHI.

--
bu11etpr00f

  • Re: Impossible to install 0x00000024
    ... I found that on a Dell XPS M1330, the SATA setting had to be changed ... from ACHI to ATA in order to get the system to boot. ...
  • Re: Impossible to install 0x00000024
    ... from ACHI to ATA in order to get the system to boot. ... After a successful ... boot (which included an automatic chkdsk), I could change it back to ...
  • Re: safe mode
    ... *are* using an Intel Atom system, ... If I boot with safe mode it comes up and identifies the drive but then ... device = '82801H Ultra ATA Storage Controllers' ... Your storage controller is an Intel ICH8, which is supported by FreeBSD, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Possible bug in SCSI Kconfig
    ... use ATA ... ... Async scan is also functional for /drivers/ata and ... the system to boot up." ... The sentence "this module may be necessary for the system to boot up" is actually applicable to a myriad of options which have a prompt and default to off. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: New day, new drive (Was going small)
    ... >In some cases, ATA devices may behave erratically, particularly ... for example using the ``safe mode'' option of the ... >The 5.2.1 boot process draws an ASCII beastie and gives several boot ... it's probable that its a freebsd 5 issue. ...
    (freebsd-newbies)