Re: Network and internet

Bill Walsh wrote:
Control Panel has options..

Ah, right, I'll have a look in there Bill, thanks.

"Pete Zahut" <dont@bother> wrote in message
A friend asked me to help, but as I'm an avid XP fan and haven't
gone over to Vista, I've no idea so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Vista Home Premium (IIRC) and she can't get on the internet. I had a
look and it seems that there's a choice of network, ie, Local Only
or Local and Internet. Her's is stuck on Local Only and shows a red
X between the diagram of a router and the globe. We have no idea how
to change it to allow internet, but hopefully someone here does?

Thanks,

Pete

.