Re: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

alyx;1155388 Wrote:
Thank you very much CrucialHoax. Due to I've 2 gig of ram and the system
is using 1 gig of it, it doesn't enough for me to work in 3d apps.
Generally I use Max.

Might want to look into a RAM upgrade then. As 2gb of RAM doesn't run
so smoothly on Vista.

P.S. I misread your first post and thought you stated you had -4gb-. :o

--
CrucialHoax

  • Re: I have 61 processes running
    ... I have only a modest number of apps on my task bar and I have 63 processes running. ... I'm not sure of what you mean by 38% or 26% RAM nor what your and your brother's total RAM is, but of my 4 gig, one is reserved by Win XP and cannot be addressed. ... But, if I am in the middle of processing digital camera images, both a memory and CPU intensive task, available memory goes way down, CPU goes way up, and I/O generally goes way up. ...
  • Re: Finally - Tiger
    ... There is no need to have your apps on the same partition. ... The idea of this OS-in-progress is to eventually clone it to the iMac ... iLamp's 80 gig HD, that it wouldn't fit, even though there would be less ... bellajonez at yahoo dot co dot uk ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: memory
    ... sound of one hand clapping?", and I said it's a bit like this: ... For example if your apps don't need some of it, ... In this way Windows keeps all your memory working for ... and that was when I was copying a 2 Gig zip file from one ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • help! filled a 100gb disk somehow?
    ... i've upgraded my macbook to a 100gb disk via CCC. ... it's got about 5gb of apps added from standard, a gig or so of docs an 50gb of music. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: XP is not reading all of my RAM
    ... I switched back to my own Windows XP Home and all the ... of the 7 gig of RAM that I have Windows XP is only recognizing 3.5 GIG and ... and your chosen apps lies with you and the vendors of those apps. ... ProTools, for example, top-end audio multitrack recording software, isn't ...