Re: Vista sleep/wake problem

atplum;201863 Wrote:
After I put my computer to sleep, which happens fine, the cpu wakes up
by
itself in my bag and goes to critical battery mode. I have found the
reason
for wake up, using event viewer, to TCP/IP network program waking the
cpu
when it detects that the cpu has moved out of a network I was using
before I
put the cpu to sleep. It does not happen when I leave the cpu in one
network, for example at home.
From event viewer (reason for wakeup): TCP/IP, The system detected
that
network adapter Wireless Network Connection was connected to the
network, and
has initiated normal operation. then it wakes up.
Any suggestions to disable this task from happening when a new network
is
detected or a network is left.

Have you tried Start/Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System/Device
Manager/Network Adapters/Your Network Adapter/Wake-Up Capabilities

?

--
mentormatt8

http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot.com

  • Re: 2003 Server slowed to a crawl
    ... click Processes then CPU column to sort by ... Investigate a possible Network problem (is there a broadcast storm ... >> method for telling the computer's processor that it needs attention. ... >> which have signed drivers (such hardware is sold with a Microsoft Windows ...
  • Re: Game Company- Java Server Thread Priority
    ... > Program takes 0% of the CPU load, and when processing a turn goes up to ... An example of network waits. ... expected it to go *up* (since the server box wasn't running the client too). ... involved a network access which slowed it down massively. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: network bitrate of a poll of processes
    ... I would like to know the bitrate of a pool of child processes that use ... a network connection, how can I have something like netstat -w1 ... CPU load b) IO on drivec) network load ... PID %MEM %CPU PPID TT STAT TIME COMMAND ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: 2003 Server slowed to a crawl
    ... click Processes then CPU column to sort by processes ... > the network, are backing up large amounts of user data during production ... > method for telling the computer's processor that it needs attention. ... > which have signed drivers (such hardware is sold with a Microsoft Windows ...
  • Re: a proposed callout API
    ... of the network implementation in such different operating systems ... The basic premise is that you can make better use of any available cpu ... the operating systems are so different from each other I don't think ...
    (freebsd-arch)