Re: Webcam

I have a problem ...
I double clicked my sister address ( she is not online ) > Chat window appeared. Cannot find Video button.
I clicked menu at top right > found Video option, clicked it, and it said " Get a webcam " ?????
T-4-2

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Ores$IfRKHA.4692@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23itTPCfRKHA.220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just came back with a HP Deluxe Webcam version 2.0, with 8 MP still picture resolution.
Plugged it in. System says " Your device is ready to use. "
I have not used the disc. provided by HP. Perhaps instructions needed to be read, i.e. owner's manual.
Clicked Live Messenger's menu > Tools > Audio and Video set up. Tested the settings > Finish.
Added my sister's address as contact.
Sent her an invitation, telling my webcam is installed.
What's next, or that's it ? Thank you.

t-4-2

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uM2$jzdRKHA.1236@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OJwYrNdRKHA.1232@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 more questions, if you please.
1.) I have not asked my sister, since she has a built-in webcam, it is highly possible that she has been using it. What if she is not using Windows Live Messenger ?
2.) She does not have WLM and does not care to. Can she just install the Messenger?
She is using Vista Home Premium, Windows Mail. Her e-mail provider is Yahoo.

t-4-2

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OEx5RpKRKHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e4NI3UJRKHA.4020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh ?
Please elaborate.
My sister does not have WLM, only WM. But her laptop comes with built-in webcam. So, what should I do and what does she have to do ? She is using Vista Home premium, WM.
t-4-2