HIgh RAM-----slow PC

Hi I looked for posts dealing with RAM and had trouble finding, I
thought everybody had problems with slow PCs.........

Now i need some advice please I have a Vista that is 1 1/2 years old
and it had become really slow. RAM is high even when all applications
are off and Firefox can use up to 1GB of memory and I have 2G/, I used
software like RAMboost and did the long OnceCare scan with MCS,
defragmented drives, increased the memory that can be used as RAM on the
hard drive. etc.....many things recommended. still same nothing is
changed after a short while.....

Is reformatting and bringing back to how it was when I bought my only
hope?
And should Firefox take a bloody 1 GB of RAM alone? I checked the
processes in task manager and it seems I need all of them
somehow..........and if that was the case if I reformat then wouldn't
the same thing happen again?

thanks

--
asta-la-Vista

  • Re: Windows uses 4 GB? Really?
    ... I bought 4 GB of RAM because I thought it would speed up my system a bit. ... Some info that is posted here as reference seems to suggest that it is a Windows issue, but others seem to suggest that it is also a hardware issue. ... "I have install total 4GB memory on my motherboard. ... On a SLI system, since PCI-Ex graphic cards will occupy around 256MB, another 256MB will be occupied after you install a 2nd PCI-Ex graphic card. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer wont boot up after installing new RAM
    ... I even took a look at an old Gigabyte motherboard ... DDR2 memory stick, the notch does not line up. ... "To install the memory module, ... into the motherboard RAM slots. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Possible Memory Leak with Fedora 9 64-bit?
    ... There is continuous hard drive activity. ... 2 tabbed shells, file manager, and Firefox 3. ... I have never had a memory leak with Linux. ... of RAM, it would take quite a while to run it out of RAM unless you ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Random Restarts - Please Help
    ... I upgraded my BIOS a long time ago ... Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory ... How to diagnose bad RAM ...