You're welcome.

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ufd7h4GRKHA.4476@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you.
t-4-2

"SC Tom" <sc@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OEuXstGRKHA.1268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:edVgt%23FRKHA.4020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home Premium, SP2, WLM 14.0.0726

Not sure which newsgroup to post this :
I intend to install a webcam on my laptop in order to keep in touch with my sister far away.
What do I need to know ? Do I have to activate another program i.e. messenger ?
When I installed my WLM, I did not install Messenger and other related programs.
I need to know enough to tell my sister who knows even less.
Thank you.

t-4-2
You can always use Skype. It's a freebie. I've used it to connect to my brother in NC, my step-kids in NH and MA, and my nephew in TX. Works pretty well.

SC Tom

  • Re: Webcam
    ... "SC Tom" wrote in message ... I intend to install a webcam on my laptop in order to keep in touch with my sister far away. ... I did not install Messenger and other related programs. ...
  • Re: Application Error - The Memory Could Not Read
    ... Tom, What's your Address? ... AVG for a couple weeks and if I still like it I'll buy the Program. ... problem of the program uninstalling the old and installing the new. ... to an old Install Shield Engine but their solution is only for WXP SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP2 installation failure
    ... I am sorry to report that SP2 installed flawlessly from start to finish ... ... "SC Tom" wrote in message ... BSOD's, forcing me to reboot into safe mode, I got the message that the install failed and the system was reverting to SP1. ...
  • Re: newbie intro
    ... On 20100814_125047, Tom Poe wrote: ... Debian squeeze is recommended for a bit more ... I think you will need to setup LVM, wich adds a layer of complexity ... The last time I did an install, I noticed that the netinstall CD contains ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Virtualbox - Can it install xp?
    ... I am going to attempt to install xp in virtualbox. ... Tom in NM ... Rankin Law Firm, PLLC ...
    (SuSE)