Webcam

Vista Home Premium, SP2, WLM 14.0.0726

Not sure which newsgroup to post this :
I intend to install a webcam on my laptop in order to keep in touch with my sister far away.
What do I need to know ? Do I have to activate another program i.e. messenger ?
When I installed my WLM, I did not install Messenger and other related programs.
I need to know enough to tell my sister who knows even less.
Thank you.

t-4-2

  • Re: After SP3 and IE8, Windows Live Mail is completely trashed
    ... and I am stuck with a totally trashed WLM, ... and even waits for "show images" to be clicked before displaying web images, ... Format and reinstall XP and when you install SP 3 this time, reboot TWICE after the install and do it right after you install your hardware drivers for audio, chip set and video. ... It seems that the SP3 install went awry and it's easier to just reinstall XP than go on a wild goose chase to try and repair what's been broken. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 40tude Dialog Replacement
    ... Mike Easter presented the following explanation: ... This is the right group, but you should be using a different agent, such as OE on your XP instead of WLM for the reasons explained earlier. ... Since Win7 doesn't come with a news agent, that means that you had to install one. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Windows 7 mail
    ... you've posted WLM complaints in the Windows Mail forum. ... Second, it appears what you installed is simply a link to the WLM web-based email, not the desktop version which is very similar to OE. ... Fourth, this newsgroup is only monitored by "your peers"; this is not where you make suggestions to Microsoft (try the "Send Feedback" link on the WLM "Help" menu - on the desktop install version). ... The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot find Microsoft Outlook Express to download
    ... It is not available from Microsoft as a separate download. ... You would have to install a version of IE prior to 7 to get OE ... changes you'd like to have in WLM). ...
  • Re: XP to Vista, Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail
    ... I'm wondering if I can just install a fresh XP and point WLM to the old ... > Windows Mail was an older program than Windows Live Mail, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)