Black screen in vista after logging in

Hi everyone!

Recently I have been dealing with some problems with my pc. I have
Vista Home Premium. Turns out everytime I log in it shows a black screen
with a mouse pointer. The only way I get to the task manager is using
the command prompt via the 'repair your computer' option after I press
F8. Its the same issue even in Safe Mode. When I try to run explorer.exe
the task manager says it cant find it, so I dont know what to do now.

For what I've read it seems its some kind of virus but i dont know a
way to get to anti-virus in these circumstances. Can someone help me?

trouble23's Profile:
View this thread:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re-appearing links
    ... > all processes in the task manager and all automatically started tasks and ... Dont be ashamed, ... "Without Knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares." ...
  • Re: User Accounts
    ... Put cursor in Shortcut key box and ... > I want to get my user account back to the default, so that like if i hit ... > ctrl-alt-del it just brings up the task manager, ... > you dont, post your question, and i will try to answer it. ...
  • Re: Strange icon appeared on desktop
    ... >> A new icon appeared on desktop y'day and I dont know ... >> WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. ... >> but as SVCHOST is still coming up in task manager I ... From Tracy ...
  • Re: Save XP - NAAH!!
    ... everytime there is a model change and that just stinks .. ... I dont do it any more .. ... to upgrade to Pro .. ...
  • cut and paste
    ... I dont ... know how this happened but everytime i go to copy text either within the ... have been to help screen the word options advanced cut and paste tab and ...