Black screen in vista after logging in

Hi everyone!

Recently I have been dealing with some problems with my pc. I have
Vista Home Premium. Turns out everytime I log in it shows a black screen
with a mouse pointer. The only way I get to the task manager is using
the command prompt via the 'repair your computer' option after I press
F8. Its the same issue even in Safe Mode. When I try to run explorer.exe
the task manager says it cant find it, so I dont know what to do now.

For what I've read it seems its some kind of virus but i dont know a
way to get to anti-virus in these circumstances. Can someone help me?

--
trouble23
trouble23's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/89402.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Re-appearing links
    ... > all processes in the task manager and all automatically started tasks and ... Dont be ashamed, ... "Without Knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares." ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: User Accounts
    ... Put cursor in Shortcut key box and ... > I want to get my user account back to the default, so that like if i hit ... > ctrl-alt-del it just brings up the task manager, ... > you dont, post your question, and i will try to answer it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Strange icon appeared on desktop
    ... >> A new icon appeared on desktop y'day and I dont know ... >> WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. ... >> but as SVCHOST is still coming up in task manager I ... From Tracy ...
  • Re: Save XP - NAAH!!
    ... everytime there is a model change and that just stinks .. ... I dont do it any more .. ... to upgrade to Pro .. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • cut and paste
    ... I dont ... know how this happened but everytime i go to copy text either within the ... have been to help screen the word options advanced cut and paste tab and ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)