Vista backup of recorded tv (dvr-ms files)

I'm new to Vista and VMC. I'm trying to do the right thing and back up my
documents using Vista backup. I thought I was going along smoothly until I
checked the backups and was shocked to see that my recorded TV shows were not
included in the backup. I haven't been able to find much on this issue with
either Google or searching these forums. Can anyone tell me how to get these
files included in the backup?

Vista Home Premium SP1, patched to date. Plenty of HD space.

  • Re: Windows Vista Backup and Restore Center
    ... I've recently upgraded to a new PC with Vista installed, I've been using XP Professional for a few years and pretty much know the operating system inside out, my knowledge of Vista however is fairly good, but far from what I would call in-depth. ... After spending a fair amount of time reviewing the backup and restore options within Windows Vista, I'm left scratching my head wondering what on earth Microsoft were thinking when they designed this feature. ... If I want to backup just my 'Pictures' folder from the 'E' drive, I'm not allowed to do this - I have to backup every picture file from my main Windows installation drive 'C' without even having the option to select a) any other picture folders and/or files individually, and b) the option to backup to a drive and folder of my choice. ...
  • Re: Clone backups/restores ala Mark Conrad
    ... I really prefer Parallels, backup is easy, however the Vista dictation ... Why not just create a 20GB partition ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: XP vs Vista Backups
    ... Here's a link that might help; Vista has an entire Backup & Control Center, ... use along with System Restore on my XP machine)? ... protect your personal data. ...
  • Re: Free Space Monster (episode 2)
    ... small image backup of a Vista partition on their Intel Macs. ... Conventional backup methods like using the Vista version of Ghost will ... backup more in line with a 3MB file system. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: PRIV Corrupted ... Nightmare
    ... we will use those backup to restore the stipped ... We use an Archive solution and after a while it has been ... Now, easy, we run ESEUTIL but ... ... We have plenty of space on other servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)