Re: Hard Drive trashing in Vista - I tried everything!

nimic1234 <nimic1234.3nfhoa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, no screensaver...

:confused:

Rick Rogers;1164950 Wrote:

Why do you want to disable everything that is designed to make your
system
operate more efficiently?

How is CONSTANT hard drive access/writing efficient? I'm on the road a
lot and I need battery time. It's driving me crazy that my HD is
spinning non-stop even when I'm only typing in notepad for two hours.

Maybe it's trying to figure out why you're using Notepad and not
something better.

I hope you're remembering to stop and save now and then. It won't do
it for you.

  • Re: Hard Drive trashing in Vista - I tried everything!
    ... Rick Rogers;1164950 Wrote: ... spinning non-stop even when I'm only typing in notepad for two hours. ...
  • Re: TEST yes problems again
    ... Has anyone ever told you what you should do when you are typing long posts ... before sending...Not much else bothers me more using computers than losing ... I have notepad in my quicklaunch barso I can bring it up quick. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Send Keystrokes
    ... I would however, recommend using AutoItX ... that you can better define which window the typing should be simulated with. ... But yes, with send keys, you can call notepad and then the key strokes. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: SFnal moments in your life.
    ... NotePad or some other program that lets you switch fonts and scroll the text. ... As to remembering your place, stop at a memorable phrase and use "find" to get back to it next time. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Importing from a hand held computer
    ... sure how to bring up notepad from within Access, how do you bring up notepad ... What is a great idea here for a small amount of data ... Put your cursor in this text box..and start typing typing, ... Albert D. Kallal ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)