Re: Using PC mover

If you are running Norton, Trend, etc security suites, they have their own
Firewall.
And then you can not turn Windows Firewall on.
Are you getting warnings from the Windows Security Center?
--
Mad Mike

"hmsher63" wrote:

I am running Vista Home Premiun 64 bit with service pack 1.

I am not sure of the version of PCmover, but when I did the install, it
does check for the most current version.

There is no error message except that the choice to select turning on
windows firewall is grayed out and the option for turning it on manually
does not work either. There is a note that says it might be controlled
by a group policy,as for some reason I have a setting that has my laptop
as running on a public network.

But I don't have it on a public network, I have it running on my home
network.

I can't figure out where to change to group policy information either.

Thanks,

--
hmsher63

.