Re: question on limited network speed

"Debbie Graham" <jgraham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> kirjoitti
viestissä:OYbIdYsaJHA.4424@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have my pc on a router so I can access my laptop. Just bought a new
network adapter that is supposed to run at 108mbps but Vista only says
54mbps. I have been talking with Netgear and they said Vista has
limitations but don't know weather it's just not showing 108 or it is
actually only running at 54mbps. I like to know why Vista would do that
and how can it be fixed? Did I just waste $60.00 on an adapter that will
only run as fast as the one I already had in my laptop because Vista will
only let it run at 54mbps?

Debbie

And your router is what? Capable of what? And the speed it can handle?
Unless all parts of a network can handle higher speeds (108Mb/s?), they will
fall back to a common maximum speed (54Mb/s?)...

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

  • Re: Vista networking slower on SBS 2003 than XP - sometimes unusable
    ... You can also try to make sure you have the latest driver for your network adapter. ... And on the Vista clients ... I have several XP Pro clients on my network with a SBS 2003 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OT: Windows Vista users?
    ... Vista computer. ... Orb, Control panel, system & maintenance, device manager, network adapter, ... Vista does not "recognize" Netgear. ... To get it to run the Netgear program, I must right click on the Netgear ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Windows SBS 2003 & Windows Vista
    ... Thanks for your reply regarding my issue with Windows SBS 2003 & Windows ... I think it is to do with the fact that we are only using 1 network adapter. ... So now when i run the CEICW wizard it comes up with a red cross next to ... connect the 2 existing vista boxes to the system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: GetIfEntry - dwLastChange - Need Vista/NDIS compatable information
    ... You can use the following APIs/WMI class to get information ... about the network adapter: ... but nothing you posted was usefull. ... This must be good for XP and Vista. ...
  • Re: Wireless Not Working After installing Vista
    ... I bought a Lenovo 3000 G430 laptop. ... I installed Vista Home Premium 32bit. ... because the light that refers to the wifi is blinking. ... When I check on my device manager the Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter ...