Re: Using PC mover

I have not checked everything out, but I have the same issue with the
firewall.

On my new Vista laptop, I cannot select to invoke the Windows firewall.

On tech at Laplink suggested to reload the software (vista) or check
the Windows site for help.

I did put in another service request. have not heard yet. But if I
do, I will let you know.

--
hmsher63

  • Re: Problems Networking XP and Vista Machines
    ... If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers on what is some time called the Trusted Zone. ... Windows XP File Sharing - ... Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing XP - ... machine from the Vista laptop, but can only see the Public folder on ...
  • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
    ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...