Re: "You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D:)" message.

"Gerry C." <Gerry C.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0DE3B384-B727-487C-85F8-D93224416FD0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just found this thread...thanks for all the info so far. My problem is
that I [stupidly] deleted ALL the files in RECOVERY 'disk' D. Will system
restore bring that back?? Otherwise, I sense that I'll have to contact Dell.
( Inspiron E1505 Vista Home Premium SP1)
Thanks, all
Gerry

No. Windows System Restore will not bring back the recovery partition as it is a creation by the manufacturer. You will indeed have to contact Dell..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: Endless loop
    ... A windows system restore shouldn't mess with your files. ... An OEM 'recovery' disk will usually format and restore the system to the way ...
  • Re: Moving/saving restore points?
    ... When it is done with the recovery, ... Is there a way to create a restore ... Would a registry backup help this situation at ... The HP Recovery has nothing to do with Windows System Restore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D:)" message.
    ... "Gerry C." wrote in message ... that I deleted ALL the files in RECOVERY 'disk' D. Will system ... restore bring that back?? ...
  • Re: Need Help Recovering Files
    ... restore calendar for one. ... It's highly likely that he does *not* mean the Windows System Restore ... Instead he used his OEM recovery or restoration CD to put his ...