Windows Update Error 80240016

I'm running Vista Home Premium.

After updating to SP1, I got a message for the cumulative update: Media Center for Windows Vista (KB955519).

Every time I try to download it, it fails. Unable to download or install, with error 80240016. I haven't been able to get past this or get any further updates since this problem started. Every time I boot I get the error msg that it's unable to check for updates.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Patty

  • Re: Windows Update Error 80240016
    ... I'm running Vista Home Premium. ... Every time I try to download it, ... error msg that it's unable to check for updates. ...
  • Re: Windows Update Error 80240016
    ... I got a message for the cumulative update: Media ... Every time I try to download it, ... error msg that it's unable to check for updates. ...
  • Windows Update Error 80072EFD
    ... I'm running Vista Home Premium, SeaMonkey, and I have Defender turned on, as well as Avast antivirus. ... I have Windows Update set to go automatically. ... What happens is that about half of the important and none of the optional updates are downloaded and installed automatically.When I try to do so manually, ...
  • add to dictionary grayed out
    ... Running Vista Home Premium and Word 2007. ... All updates have been installed. ... I have had the problem since instaling MS Office 2007 two years ago. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)