Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

I have a Dell Studio 1735 and have been receiving the the following
error message upon start up "Logon Process has failed to create security
options dialog". I contacted Dell multiple times and was informed
several times that I had a virus and needed to contact pay support for
assistant.

I mentioned that I ran virus and spyware scans and nothing was
detected. After repeated attempts, I finally convinced them that I did
not have a virus.

We ran A Pre-boot System Assessment and received the following error:
TEST ? Hard Drive ? DST Short Test
Test Results: Fail
Error Code 2000-0142

The Dell Rep had me remove the battery and disconnect the hard drive
and then reconnect it. We ran the Pre-boot System Assessment again and
received the following error:

TEST ? Hard Drive ? DST Short Test
Test Results: Fail
Error Code 2000-0146

At this point the Dell rep agreed that this was a hard drive issue and
not a virus. They are sending me a new hard drive at no charge.

I believe this will solve the issue, but will post a reply once I have
installed the new hard drive.

--
tend2kids
tend2kids's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tend2kids.htm