Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

I have a Dell Studio 1735 and have been receiving the the following
error message upon start up "Logon Process has failed to create security
options dialog". I contacted Dell multiple times and was informed
several times that I had a virus and needed to contact pay support for
assistant.

I mentioned that I ran virus and spyware scans and nothing was
detected. After repeated attempts, I finally convinced them that I did
not have a virus.

We ran A Pre-boot System Assessment and received the following error:
TEST ? Hard Drive ? DST Short Test
Test Results: Fail
Error Code 2000-0142

The Dell Rep had me remove the battery and disconnect the hard drive
and then reconnect it. We ran the Pre-boot System Assessment again and
received the following error:

TEST ? Hard Drive ? DST Short Test
Test Results: Fail
Error Code 2000-0146

At this point the Dell rep agreed that this was a hard drive issue and
not a virus. They are sending me a new hard drive at no charge.

I believe this will solve the issue, but will post a reply once I have
installed the new hard drive.

--
tend2kids
tend2kids's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/tend2kids.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: serial UART issue iPAQ 1710 1715
    ... I communicated with Dell support and was told that a new driver was ... > Hi Jesse and Claes, ... > I have recently had trouble communicating with both the rz1710 and the ... >> has the same problem receiving as do other Palm devices with the Arm ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Extended Warranty Scammer on the loose?
    ... Within just two days of receiving my two new Dell systems, ... The callers immediately identified themselves as Dell employees ... nothing if not persistent in their quest to sell me an extended warranty. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: [OT?] Machine-speak
    ... Dell, be careful not to reveal your fax number. ... knowledge there's no way to stop receiving their junk mail. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Extended Warranty Scammer on the loose?
    ... >>Within just two days of receiving my two new Dell systems, ... >>with their full names and Dell employee numbers. ... >>caller ID blocked. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Swen.a virus?
    ... was receiving several of these screwey e-mails per ... Norton was detecting them as having virus ... >keywords are in all of the infected messages and they are ... >computers scanned for viruses. ...