Re: Help! disc check doesnt finish and sometimes freezes

Your hard drive is failing/failed. Do as DL has stated.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"fliplayer" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:c494f60b7c3d2cde83dd5dd80ac80e10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The disc check finishes stage 1 but stops at stage 2 at 62% everytime.
Then the computer takes me to the login screen.
I have also noticed that some of the stuff on my desktop is gone.
Also my computer sometimes freezes and I am thinking that it has
something to do with the disc check problem.
I tried to restore the files but it didnt let me because my C drive was
corrupted or something and i tried the error checking for the C drive
but it keeps saying that windows cannot check the disk while its in use.
Any suggestions?

--
fliplayer

  • Re: Webcam
    ... "Richard Urban" wrote in message ... I double clicked my sister address > Chat window appeared. ... Cannot find Video button. ... Windows Desktop Experience & Security ...
  • Re: Webcam
    ... "Richard Urban" wrote in message ... Cannot find Video button. ... I have not asked my sister, since she has a built-in webcam, it is highly possible that she has been using it. ... Windows Desktop Experience & Security ...
  • Re: New HD Suggestions?
    ... Windows Desktop Experience ... On May 29, 9:56 pm, "Richard Urban" ... > installation and appropriate software for transferring files and where ... When doing the chkdsk it found files errors and subsquently I'm ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: chkdsk is veryfing files
    ... Right click Command Prompt ... Windows Desktop Experience ... "Richard Urban" wrote: ... > file system NTFS, Volume Label is Vista. ...
  • Re: malware affecting IE7 on XP
    ... Here is the download link I forgot to post. ... Windows Desktop Experience ... "Richard Urban" wrote in message ... Then a page saying that I have security problems pops up, and prompts me to download security updates, and IE puts up a messsage bar saying that it has blocked the site from downloading files, as you can see in the screen capture here: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)