Re: Help! disc check doesnt finish and sometimes freezes

Immediately; visit the site of your HD manufacturer, download and create
their bootable disk checking utility. Run the check

"fliplayer" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

The disc check finishes stage 1 but stops at stage 2 at 62% everytime.
Then the computer takes me to the login screen.
I have also noticed that some of the stuff on my desktop is gone.
Also my computer sometimes freezes and I am thinking that it has
something to do with the disc check problem.
I tried to restore the files but it didnt let me because my C drive was
corrupted or something and i tried the error checking for the C drive
but it keeps saying that windows cannot check the disk while its in use.
Any suggestions?