Re: monitor going to sleep

emanddd <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sounds cheaper to buy a new one, less than $350

Not to mention that the new one will have more power, probably more
RAM, etc.

You can pull the hard drive from the old one and either install it as
a slave in the new one, or buy a USB enclosure for it and use it as an
external drive for extra storage or for keeping backups.

Richie Hardwick

  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ramback: faster than a speeding bullet
    ... window during which UPS power must remain available if power goes out, ... they aren't arguing that the embedded solutions are more safe becouse they don't use linux. ... the reason why battery backed ram on a raid card is safer than a UPS on a general purpose machine is becouse the battery backed ram is static ram, while the ram in your system is dynamid ram. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: How can I compare single and dual channel Ram performance
    ... DVD-CD/RW, and RAM ... I think the power situation on overclocked D-805 systems ... extreme cooling etc., if you aim for 4GHz or higher. ... 12V1 powers hard drives, CDROM, case fans, and video card. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: P5N32-SLI DL
    ... I am on my third motherboard an 6th set of ram, I also tried patriot DDR 2G8000 and this fails as well. ... In all cases the system locks up after a while and when I run Microsoft's Ram tester I get errors on the LDAP test on the third pass and every pass after that. ... I have loaded the latest beta bios and that has improved things slightly but the system still locks up and the memory tester fails again on the random LDAP test but less frequently. ... Good stability once you get enough power and cooling. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Seeking an explanation or theory
    ... Gig of RAM. ... A/C power cord. ... Upon returning to the computer I plugged in the power cord to the ... a power oscillation like I describe above, I wired in a reset button ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Seeking an explanation or theory
    ... It had been running with 512 MB and can accept either high density or low density RAM in any combination up to 2 GB. ... Upon returning to the computer I plugged in the power cord to the A/C and immediately the computer tried to start without having pushed the power start button on the computer front. ... Since I did not want to give someone a computer that could go into a power oscillation like I describe above, I wired in a reset button as this computer did not come with one. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)