Re: monitor going to sleep

"emanddd" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:377300005f8d9701b9732c3be6d1374f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my kids have a Compaq running vista home basic. we have had this
computer for over a year but has not been connected to the internet
until two weeks ago. now the monitor went to sleep and we can't wake it.
there are no lights on the keyboard and we get no response at all. i
have read all kids of posts about this problem but most involve changing
settings or updating drivers, we can't do any of that because i can't
get any response. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

--
emanddd

Do the LEDs light up on the front panel of the tower?

Can you hear a 'beep' sound as it boots from cold?

Can you detect any airflow from the power supply fan?

Can you hear any fans at all?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..