Re: monitor going to sleep

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:53:15 -0600, emanddd <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

my kids have a Compaq running vista home basic. we have had this
computer for over a year but has not been connected to the internet
until two weeks ago. now the monitor went to sleep and we can't wake it.
there are no lights on the keyboard and we get no response at all. i
have read all kids of posts about this problem but most involve changing
settings or updating drivers, we can't do any of that because i can't
get any response. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The "monitor" is only the screen... it sound from your description as
if the whole computer is shut down and won't power up, i.e., there are
no lights anywhere.

When you push the power button does ANY light come on?

  • Re: What the hell? Shooting victims denied shelter
    ... If we don't have kids, ... As far as I could tell, boys had it ... because boys and men hurt me. ... My response to that was to either undercut ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Ann Coulter calls D&D "harmless"
    ... You not *accepting* the guilt does not mean you are not guilty. ... The only now have some power to ... so are his kids so keep an eye on them". ... are the disadvantaged due to the exploitation of their grandparents, ...
    (rec.games.frp.dnd)
  • Re: OT Gambling
    ... time to finish a response. ... I would drink soda continuously. ... I had lots of friends who would trip weekly. ... Do you have any kids Don? ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: OT: See what we avoided by not becoming superstars? CHE was right!
    ... always been associated with power and wealth. ... had a lot of backing from the wealthy and powerful. ... kids in ... concerts when I was in the second and fifth grades. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: [OT] squidguard, dansguardian, other?? on a 486?
    ... I've got Squidguard installed but not ... They confuse kids, and disrupt sessions "Hey, ... - For a few sites, largely minor ones, the banners get through without ... Information is not power after all: ...
    (Debian-User)