Re: Why don't animated pcs. play in Photo Gallery

"Robert" <Rsimcihc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Oq5fi%23uYJHA.684@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home prem. 32 bit
In WinXP the animated pictures would play in what XP called Windows Picture and Fax viewer. Now Vista has what it calls Windows Photo Gallery but the animated pictures don't move, i.e. play! It displays them as a still photo. I would think its for some safety reason? lol....... If anybody knows anything about this please reply, thank you. ...Rob

Hi Rob,

Animated gifs no longer "play" in Windows Photo Gallery. As you have seen, you only get a static picture. I bugged this during the Vista Beta, and it was resolved as "By Design".

If you want to see them animated, then you can use Internet Explorer to view them, or another 3rd party graphics program that has animated gif support.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

.