Re: Why don't animated pcs. play in Photo Gallery

"Robert" <Rsimcihc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Oq5fi%23uYJHA.684@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home prem. 32 bit
In WinXP the animated pictures would play in what XP called Windows Picture and Fax viewer. Now Vista has what it calls Windows Photo Gallery but the animated pictures don't move, i.e. play! It displays them as a still photo. I would think its for some safety reason? lol....... If anybody knows anything about this please reply, thank you. ...Rob

Hi Rob,

Animated gifs no longer "play" in Windows Photo Gallery. As you have seen, you only get a static picture. I bugged this during the Vista Beta, and it was resolved as "By Design".

If you want to see them animated, then you can use Internet Explorer to view them, or another 3rd party graphics program that has animated gif support.

--
Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

  • Re: Why does Windows 7 see more digital channels than Vista SP2 in
    ... lots of things then trying other windows based DVR software, I put on MythTV, ... Since that failed attempt to get VMC to play 1080i h.264 video, ... But the good news is that what ever it is in Vista that causing this ... There certainly have been some issues digital channels and the switchover. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Why does Windows 7 see more digital channels than Vista SP2 in
    ... Since that failed attempt to get VMC to play 1080i h.264 video, ... But the good news is that what ever it is in Vista that causing this ... There certainly have been some issues digital channels and the switchover. ... > I gave up on the Windows MC idea a long while back, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Why dont animated pcs. play in Photo Gallery
    ... In WinXP the animated pictures would play in what XP called Windows Picture and Fax viewer. ... I bugged this during the Vista Beta, and it was resolved as "By Design". ...
  • Re: Vista32 WILL NOT support protected HD-DVD and BR playback
    ... Microsoft revealed today that no 32-bit versions of Windows Vista ... PC users will now have to choose between a PC that can play high ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Windows Vista WILL NOT play embedded content in embedded Windows Media Player if content has NO TAGS
    ... Tried this on two fresh installs of Windows Vista Home Premium Edition ... These two songs (they are MP3's playing via an embedded Windows Media Player ... The webmaster sent me copies of the original two MP3s directly and they play ... The songs in the original 1st two URLs DID NOT have any TAGS (artist, title, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)