Re: Help and support page displays no icons

This happens if the "Content Type" setting for .PNG file types is broken.
Download a REG file from Daniel Martin's site here:

http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg

Download and save it to Desktop. Right-click on the file and choose Merge.

If that does not help, see here for a another fix.

Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/194/1/Pages-in-Windows-Vista-Help-and-Support-are-not-displayed-correctly.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Robert" <Rsimcihc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Dell Inspron 518 with Vista home prem.
My Help and support pages are missing some icons but not all of them. The
pages display correctly and where the icon is missing there is print to
show the link and the link works fine. This is not much of a concern but
a little cheep looking! I read HTML script, and looked at the source
code, and, the src. for the icons, and they seem to be there? But not all
the icon's display on the page? I have done many system checks, file
checker, (FSC) with Vista install disk, System Diagnostics Report, disk
check with, fix file, and find bad sectors, all comes out peachy clean!
If anyone wants to view the first page of my help and support to see what
I am talking about go to this sight; its my windows live and it will take
you right to the pics.

http://cid-f0233e79ca834f5b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Capture%20%7C510%7C6.JPG?sa=186070364

after viewing you will know what I mean. But keep in mind all works in my
Help and Support and this is just cosmetic, but for me its just not nice
to look at, i.e. , cheep looking! This is not Win95! :(

Also if you want the source code for the page let me know. Thanks
.....Rob

  • Re: SP3 potential problem
    ... Where did you download the ATI drivers from? ... Select Start, Help and Support, Keep your Windows up- to-date with Windows Update, Review your Update History you can see the update. ... I have not been able to download Net Framework ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Copying email folders
    ... Get support for connection problems from your ISP. ... version as long as you are fully patched at Windows Updates. ... then you need to download IE6 to get OE6. ... I want to Backup the various email folders ...
  • Re: Need SP2 Stand Alone Complete IE 6 install Package
    ... > world of Windows) IE 6. ... I do not want to try to uninstall SP2 ... > Software/Hardware support engineer. ... on Advanced and choose Download only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Re: Failure to Reinstall Windows XP
    ... important information about the content of the Windows Reinstallation ... advice about preparation and checking the hard disk and my XP problem was ... I presume you've contacted Dell Support? ... The Autorun feature on the system disk failed to download the C:I386 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hotmail OE Error
    ... My windows version is Windows XP SP2. ... but am still unable to download all messages. ... whom should I consult with for Hotmail Plus support? ... Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from ...