How to increase the File System Caching Memory?

I have 6GB of ram, and Vista hardly utilize most of it. So I would like
to increase the file system cache to delay consecutive disk writes to
extend hdd life.

From the software "Vista Manager", I see the option to set the exact
size for file system cache. As this software seems very buggy, so I'm
would like to do that manually.

|Filename: fileSysCache.png |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8741 |

totalz

  • Re: System Cache
    ... You can see the maximum size in Task Manager it is about 80% of the RAM. ... It always lies on your default windows drive normally C: ... only when you use a image of the disk. ... What is this deal about the file system cache being on a different file on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Cache
    ... your claims about "file system cache" on disk is complete RUBBISH. ... There is no "file system cache" on disk... ... You can see the maximum size in Task Manager it is about 80% of the RAM. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Cache
    ... Windows puts an area of the size of about 80% of the RAM on the local ... This is the "file system cache". ... When you do large file copies to your disk, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Cache
    ... I know this issues from a Windows 2003 Troubleshooting training, ... File system cache an pagefile are totally different things. ... by changing RAM. ... written to the much faster memory cache instead of the disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: memory utilization went high on solaris.
    ... > file system cache: well what exactly would that be? ... > and i thought memory got utilized only when needed. ... > so it wouldnt make any difference to my server if i put 1gb ram or ... > 10gb ram since eventually it would always get utilized to its fullest. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)