Re: Vista won't connect internet though router

It looks like the early CNIG-914's had DNS issues. Can you tell if
yours is a 914(A), (B), (C), or (D)?

Another thing - this forum's posts appear in a larger forum, to which a
response was posted that is not reflected here in this forum. In case
you are not watching the larger forum, I am going to repost a response
from Jane C. My apologies to the folks on the larger forum that will
see Jane's reponse plus my quote, and of course thanks to Jane C for her
response.

Hello cvan,

First of all, visit this page:

'http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934430'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934430)

Your router, especially if it is an older model, may not support some
of
Vista's networking capabilities. There is a link on that page to
download
and run a utility that will test your router to see if it is compatible
with
Vista:

'http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx'
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/default.mspx)

If running the tool points to your router as being the problem, then
it's
time for a new one.

Do all of your 'computers'
(http://forum.soft32.com/windows/Vista-connect-internet-router-ftopict379008.html#)
get their LAN IP addresses from the DHCP 'server'
(http://forum.soft32.com/windows/Vista-connect-internet-router-ftopict379008.html#)
on
the router? Are they all set up to obtain their IP addresses
automatically?

--
Jane, not plain [image:
http://forum.soft32.com/windows/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif]

Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation [image:
http://forum.soft32.com/windows/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif]

MVP - Windows 'Desktop'
(http://forum.soft32.com/windows/Vista-connect-internet-router-ftopict379008.html#)
Experience

--
breitak67

  • Re: The OTHER problem with Netgear WGT624 (and probably others)
    ... I get the Netgear web site as you point out using lynx. ... web browser to the setup wizard if the router was NOT configured. ... evidence that this is done by an internet based DNS server. ... reintroduce the forum in a new and improved format. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Anyone use Be broadband?
    ... NETGEAR DG834N RANGEMAX NEXT 270MBPS MODEM ROUTER ... forum that have already given you incorrect and bad advice. ... support and other department calls are free 0808 numbers you need to ... up to 90 minutes someone reported in the forum this evening!. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: ISA und LANCOM-Router
    ... Werde mal im Forum fragen. ... Anderen Router mit andere Firmware habe ich jetzt gerade getestet. ... Versuche jetzt noch eine neuerer Firmware. ... Next by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.isaserver)
  • Re: have connection can ping but still "page cannot be displayed"
    ... firewall, antivirus, ad-blockers, etc. ... you may have to post a HijackThis log ... It's a busy forum. ... I cant talk to the router or view webs ...
  • Re: DrayTek Vigor 2600 Multi-Nat/DMZ/VLAN Question
    ... I have been to the Draytek forum. ... because your account is currently inactive. ... It doesn't look like I can do what I want with just a Vigor. ... 192.68.2.0/24 and another router for 192.168.1.0/24 with both routers ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)