Re: Vista system restore "hog"

"Robert" <Rsimcihc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, I have Vista Prem. on my new Dell Inspron 518 and a 650GB hard
drive. Dell ships with a partition for Recovery, installed on the drive.

I was just wondering as I checked the space used for System Restore; it
showed 82GB used space with 87GB reserved space for System Restore. I read
all about System Restore for Vista and this seems right, percentage wise,
for the size of the drive I have. Just seems like a lot of space? But what I
want to know is, if System Restore is counting the Recovery partition? My
instinct tells me its not? But I would like some input from any one who
really knows? Thank you. .....Rob

It's not.

If you would like to reduce the reserved size...

http://www.petri.co.il/change_amount_of_disk_space_used_by_system_restore_in_vista.htm

Richie Hardwick

  • Re: total trainwreck :( please help!
    ... recently i've needed to install a new version of protools for my work. ... after the last system recovery, i still had my data intact despite all the ... so i hope to do a system restore to before i installed service pack ... that partition is ok again, but the key is unresponsive and i can't get ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • total trainwreck :( please help!
    ... recently i've needed to install a new version of protools for my work. ... system restore is not responsive from its main location under "hp recovery". ... that partition is ok again, but the key is unresponsive and i can't get in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Do I need a "Recovery (D)" Partition?
    ... What if I already have the 'system restore" CDs that came from Dell with the ... Is that bad not to have a "Recovery" partition? ... John Inzer MS-MVP ...
  • Re: System Restore
    ... as I depend on Imaging for recovery. ... >> My system has only one partition with Xp professional only. ... >>> View and scroll though the list and locate System Restore and check ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: total trainwreck :( please help!
    ... recovery disc or with a brand new xp home setup. ... a complete fresh install. ... partition so that i could install XP home and run protools on there ... system restore is not responsive from its main location under "hp recovery". ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)