Re: Monitor won't sleep after INITIAL only time lapse

If you changed motherboards you might also need to do a hardware scan for Vista's hardware configuration.

in
msconfig
boot tab
advanced options button
check the detect HAL button

HAL - Hardware abstraction Layer, how Vista sees and uses the lowest level hardware.

This is not the same as a new device scan in hardware devices, it is much lower.

Michael

"captfbgnet" <captfbgnet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3D05ED5B-B98D-4CF6-9364-10AEFF95C7EB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All worked well until I upgraded to the 9500GT 512 mb Nvidia card and latest nvida drivers. No problems with card or software install (other than a quick message about hibernation not working or something similar). All power option checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked and rechecked. Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. No help.

The monitor error box stays on at the initial 'sleep stage' saying "no power connection. check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the power off to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and immediately goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of the mouse or keyboard. An annoyance or screen burn issue if I forget to cut power to monitor when I finish. Finger pointing is the name of the game when I call Nvidia and LG (monitor)

Anyone of you experts have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Vista 32bit w/SP1
XPS 410
LG 28" HG281D Monitor
4GB memory

If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold it in your hands, but let it go and you learn at once how big and precious it is.

  • Re: Monitor wont sleep after INITIAL only time lapse
    ... HAL - Hardware abstraction Layer, how Vista sees and uses the lowest level hardware. ... All power option checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked and rechecked. ... Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. ... check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the power off to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and immediately goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of the mouse or keyboard. ...
  • Re: Monitor wont sleep after INITIAL only time lapse
    ... HAL - Hardware abstraction Layer, how Vista sees and uses the lowest level hardware. ... All power option checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked and rechecked. ... Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. ...
  • Re: stuck in power save mode
    ... > boot up properly at first but the monitor displays "power ... > power save mode again, ... You may be having hardware problems. ... Testing hardware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 problem
    ... >> KVM ... >> This no name KVM retains power to devices less than 8 hours which ... >No changes of hardware. ... monitor as the big hog and leave the system up. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: emachines w3107 question
    ... you use the PC and does boot time matter to you. ... a computer "Fully Awake & Running" consumes power similar to ... She rebooted several times and a couple of times " Windows ... Better computer manufacturers provide comprehensive hardware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)