Monitor won't sleep after INITIAL only time lapse

All worked well until I upgraded to the 9500GT 512 mb Nvidia card and latest nvida drivers. No problems with card or software install (other than a quick message about hibernation not working or something similar). All power option checked and rechecked and also advanced power settings checked and rechecked. Have re-installed monitor and updated Nvidia software since initial install and also tried a second DVI port on the card. No help.

The monitor error box stays on at the initial 'sleep stage' saying "no power connection. check for loose cables, etc." If I immediately cut the power off to the monitor, then on again it detects the sleep stage and immediately goes into that state and awakes properly on the movement of the mouse or keyboard. An annoyance or screen burn issue if I forget to cut power to monitor when I finish. Finger pointing is the name of the game when I call Nvidia and LG (monitor)

Anyone of you experts have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Vista 32bit w/SP1
XPS 410
LG 28" HG281D Monitor
4GB memory

If you seek happiness it will find you. It looks small as you gently hold it in your hands, but let it go and you learn at once how big and precious it is.

  • Re: Solid, Stable HDTV MCE Computer?
    ... If you only need a single tuner the NVIDIA ... cost of the AverMedia card. ... A *real* 400W power supply! ... they list the MAX or peak power ratings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • SOLVED Re: Dual Monitor Setup
    ... The selection of cards with nVidia ... chipsets, dual DVI ports, without fans is VERY small. ... nVidia GeForce 7200 GS card, model 128-P2-N428 from eVGA, in my ... 17" Dell monitor and connected it to the VGA port, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • [opensuse] Dratted nouveau driver...
    ... I just got myself a nice non CRT monitor. ... this is the second nvidia card I've had that completely ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: New Computer
    ... PC does not turn on the monitor, I know the monitor works, i ... Is this a video card problem or could it be motherboard, ... components that are installed are your power supply, ... You've checked the connections to the system panel connector on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Graphics Card
    ... Even connected another power supply.He thought it was motherboard heating ?? ... Regards "Roger" P.s. if it is card, what type would be compat with motherboard. ... Monitor remains no picture and amber light on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)