Re: Can't exit Power saving mode

Definer wrote:

Hi, I've just got myself a brandnew Dell desktop XPS420 with Vista on
it. Everything seemed to work fine, but my computer enters Power saving
mode at completely random times while im actually on the PC.
For example: I'm writing a document then suddenly my screen goes blank
and it says "Entering Power saving mode" after which the green
Power-light on the monitor changes orange-ish. When I try to wake it up
again, by either pressing keys on the keyboard or move the mouse,
nothing happens. Pressing any power-button (or monitor button) doesn't
help either and the only thing I can do is hold the Power-button to shut
my computer down and reboot it. This happens alot, no matter what I'm
doing and I don't know how to solve it.

I've changed all of the Power save mode-settings into 'off', also in
BIOS. This didn't help. All Windows updates are installed and running
and I didn't install any other programs yet whatsoever.

Call Dell tech support immediately. It's a PITA but probably you have
hardware failure. The erratic appearance of the issue points to that. If
hardware is going to fail, it will usually do so very quickly - sometimes
right out of the box - or go for years. Your new Dell is under warranty, so
exercise it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP