Re: Registry Maintenance

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OfsUyjhXJHA.1184@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, I was thinking strictly of third party product endorsements. In the Win9x days, they also distributed regclean to help prevent the registry bloat problem associated with that line.

OneCare, and the damage it caused, is something I will not miss.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%234Do1ZhXJHA.4280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rick Rogers wrote:
To my knowledge, Microsoft has never endorsed any registry cleaner.

Sadly, Rick, that's no longer true. Microsoft has recognized the potential revenue stream provided by selling snake oil products to the gullible:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/article/registry_cleaner_why.htm

The bright side, of course, is that Live OneCare is soon to be discontinued.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

As in 'Uniscrue' Registry Booster?

--
Mike Hall - MVP