Re: Registry Maintenance

"Rick Rogers" <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OfsUyjhXJHA.1184@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually, I was thinking strictly of third party product endorsements. In the Win9x days, they also distributed regclean to help prevent the registry bloat problem associated with that line.

OneCare, and the damage it caused, is something I will not miss.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%234Do1ZhXJHA.4280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rick Rogers wrote:
To my knowledge, Microsoft has never endorsed any registry cleaner.

Sadly, Rick, that's no longer true. Microsoft has recognized the potential revenue stream provided by selling snake oil products to the gullible:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/article/registry_cleaner_why.htm

The bright side, of course, is that Live OneCare is soon to be discontinued.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

As in 'Uniscrue' Registry Booster?

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: Vist activation key
    ... "richc46" wrote in message ... Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... 'Magical Jelly Bean Software - Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.1' ...
  • Re: When I click on a folder in windows explorer, the search windo
    ... Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... And span is spelled ... Folder customizations ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2 identical entries in Boot Menu, only one in boot.ini??
    ... By "boot menu", do you mean you get the menu to load safe mode, last known, ... Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Group Policy Client Service wont Start
    ... Microsoft Windows ... Copyright 2006 Microsoft Corporation. ... Rick Rogers, ... The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely ...
  • Re: SP2 Windows Explorer Slow To Open
    ... aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP ... >> uncheck the line that loads WIA (Windows Image Acquisition). ... >> Rick Rogers, ... >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...