Re: MMC hangs at disk management-FIXED

Dave T. wrote:
Please give me pointers to solve this problem...

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
3 gigs ram.
Dual core Athlon 3800+

I did a scan in safe mode with Win Defender and Ad Aware - nothing found. Scanned with Avast - all clear. Performed a complete Chkdisk - all OK. SFC Scannow found no integrity violations.

When I open computer management, everything works fine. I can peruse the event viewer, and do all the things available there, until I click on disk management. At that point MMC.EXE hangs, according to the event viewer. I have made no recent changes except for uninstall a download manager a couple of days ago. The problem is that it has been more than 6 months since I last accessed the disk management utility, so I cannot know how long it has been since it took a shyte. Any help for me?

It seems that the problem lies with the photo download monitor that runs in the background from Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. Closing it allows disk management to function normally.

Thanks for trying to help everyone. I appreciate it.

--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito, Emporer of Japan

  • Re: Mapping Second Hard Drive
    ... Disk Management within the tree of computer management and ... >> I am running Windows 2000 Professional. ... >> hard drive within Windows explorer? ... >> Dave. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
  • Re: large disk support
    ... I went to the computer management screen under administrative tools. ... disk management shows 89 GB defined as the system drive and another 199 GB of ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: MMC hangs at disk management-FIXED
    ... Glad you discovered the problem, Dave, ... in the background from Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. ... Closing it allows disk management to function normally. ...
  • Re: New USB HD recognised but no drive letter
    ... the problem lies with your computer. ... > specify that the drive has a file system of FAT or NTFS and does not show as ... >>Disk Management in the MMC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)