Re: Plz help!!!!

King Toobz <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently downloaded CCcleaner in order to get rid of a nasty ad trojan
that had infected my system. I guess auslogics registry cleaner was
installed also.

You GUESS? Don't you KNOW what you are downloading and installing?
Auslogics isn't packaged with CCleaner.

When I shut down my comp, the registry cleaner became
active but it seemed like a windows maintenance program. When it
started again, the registry cleaner window said it improved performance
by 6% but now all the cool visual features of Vista are gone. The
windows do not have transparent borders and it seems like the interface
has reverted to windows 98. This is s**t and I can't figure out how to
restore the stock settings:( Can someone plz tell me how to get all the
visuals back??? I have since uninstalled that bs program.....

Do a System Restore that will take you back to a point prior to the
troubles beginning.

And - in case you haven't figured it out on your own - DON'T PLAY WITH
REGISTRY CLEANERS

  • Re: Can this XP crash be saved?
    ... It turns out that the super duper registry cleaner did save all ... Why doesn't Windows know its paths anymore? ... And why can't I get that @#$$ System Restore started? ... Try an in-place (repair) installation and if the ...
  • Nick Lyustiger, You Dont Have To Be A Programmer To Fix Computer Errors
    ... You Don't Have To Be A Programmer To Fix Computer Errors ... rated registry cleaner scan on your system at least once a week... ... It doesn't matter what version of Windows you are running, ... windows freezes, long program hang times, computer crashes, ...
    (freebsd-isp)
  • Re: Good registry cleaner?
    ... Before anyone jumps me for mentioning Windows 7 on the XP ... one should do is download and run their registry cleaner. ... on my Inspiron E1505 laptop and it fixed the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Clearing temp files
    ... Good for them, but when they decide to offer up assistance based on, what they consider their advanced knowledge, and decide to pummel the newbie with advanced procedures or programs that can be extremely harmful to a green user, then I consider them stupid. ... Not once did I ever claim to be any type of computer or Windows guru. ... Turning a registry cleaner loose on an uneducated user is just plain stupid! ... "Don't pick a fight with an old man. ...
  • Re: Good registry cleaner?
    ... registry cleaner. ... Inspiron E1505 laptop and it fixed the problem I was having, ... This message was produced on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 7 Home ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)