unknown window that can't close

I get a window on the display with no indication of where or what program
started it. the page simply says "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled"
on a banner. Further down it says "What you can try; -refresh the page".
Cliking this only produces a similar page (also with no close options)
telling me to check my internet OR the website is encountering problems OR
to check my typed address. This window has a date and a time in the menu bar
but no X to close or ability to minimize it or dialog box to close. The only
way i can get rid of it is to use Task Manager. this is getting very
tiresome as it happens quite often. Always the internet connection is
working and i don't believe it is my typing that many errors. Because the
window does not identify itself i don't know what website is causing this.
Has anyone any suggestions on how to eliminate this issue?
--
thank you for your help

  • Re: unknown window that cant close
    ... on a banner. ... This window has a date and a time in the ... Always the internet connection is ... window does not identify itself i don't know what website is causing ...
  • Re: unknown window that cant close
    ... on a banner. ... This window has a date and a time in the ... Always the internet connection is ... window does not identify itself i don't know what website is causing ...
  • Re: unknown window that cant close
    ... on a banner. ... This window has a date and a time in the ... Always the internet connection is ... window does not identify itself i don't know what website is causing ...
  • Re: NXP Gone mad
    ... responsible for the development of the new NXP site. ... displayed in a new window. ... - the NXP web site is particuarly Browser ... In one browser on visting the website after the SECOND invitation to the ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: problems after installing windows xp service pack 1a
    ... I recommend creating a support case to help us gather the necessary ... > I am unable to access a second website after getting into one website after installing windows service pack 1a. ... For example, I can get into yahoo, but if I click my search button to get into another website, I see a quick flash of a second window, then it is gone and my yahoo site is gone too and in it's place is the second window I asked for. ... Also, if I am in a website and have typed in a second website and then I go back to my original website while waiting for it the second website to come up, the second website will pop up right in front of me instead if sitting there highlighted like it used to do. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)