Re: MMC hangs at disk management

DDW wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:47:17 -0800, "Dave T." <davey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

JerryM wrote:
Try the following to see if it works:

Right click Start,
select manage,
select disk management,
Go to full screen to see all the drives.

"Dave T." <davey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:up_0l.8109$W06.4632@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please give me pointers to solve this problem...

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
3 gigs ram.
Dual core Athlon 3800+

I did a scan in safe mode with Win Defender and Ad Aware - nothing found. Scanned with Avast - all clear. Performed a complete Chkdisk - all OK. SFC Scannow found no integrity violations.

When I open computer management, everything works fine. I can peruse the event viewer, and do all the things available there, until I click on disk management. At that point MMC.EXE hangs, according to the event viewer. I have made no recent changes except for uninstall a download manager a couple of days ago. The problem is that it has been more than 6 months since I last accessed the disk management utility, so I cannot know how long it has been since it took a shyte. Any help for me?
--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito, Emporer of Japan
Sorry Jerry, I have no "manage" in the right click menu from the start orb.

Do you have a "Start Search" box when you click the Start Orb??

If so... type DISKMGMT.MSC in it and hit ENTER.

If you don't have that box...

Control Panel (Classic mode) - Admin Tools - Computer Management -
Disk Management

DDW
No email please

I located "manage" in the right click menu of "computer". It simply opens the same utility with the same results. Ditto for "diskmgmt.msc". As soon as the list of drives in the upper pane appears, the app hangs and the start menu flickers.

--

.