Re: MMC hangs at disk management

JerryM wrote:
Try the following to see if it works:

Right click Start,
select manage,
select disk management,
Go to full screen to see all the drives.

"Dave T." <davey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:up_0l.8109$W06.4632@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please give me pointers to solve this problem...

Vista Home Premium 32 bit
3 gigs ram.
Dual core Athlon 3800+

I did a scan in safe mode with Win Defender and Ad Aware - nothing found. Scanned with Avast - all clear. Performed a complete Chkdisk - all OK. SFC Scannow found no integrity violations.

When I open computer management, everything works fine. I can peruse the event viewer, and do all the things available there, until I click on disk management. At that point MMC.EXE hangs, according to the event viewer. I have made no recent changes except for uninstall a download manager a couple of days ago. The problem is that it has been more than 6 months since I last accessed the disk management utility, so I cannot know how long it has been since it took a shyte. Any help for me?
--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito, Emporer of Japan

Sorry Jerry, I have no "manage" in the right click menu from the start orb.

--

.